9th English Romeo and Juliet Performance Project, Spring 2012
Your task: creatively appropriate Romeo and Juliet, and perform and/or present your work in the coming weeks.
· Write and recite a long poem (or series of shorter poems) based on the story
· Write a sequel / change the ending / add a character (“fan fiction”)
· Modernize / adapt the play
· Change it from verse to a prose narrative
· Make a movie or skit (5-10 minutes in length)
· Something else approved by Mr. Anderson
Your work, obviously, won’t be entirely original—but it must be entirely yours.
You must include a 1-page written explanation of your performance (i.e., 200-300 words explaining your thought process, your creative choices, and how your work ties to a theme or themes in the play.) If you’re part of a group, you still have to write an individual explanation.